Last updated 8th July 2019
Safeguarding Children and Young People
Belvoir Archers safeguarding Policy Statement – Children and Young People
Belvoir Archers acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and Archery GB’s ‘Safeguarding Policy – Children and Young People’, which we adopt as our Policy.
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children:
- have a positive and enjoyable experience of sport at Belvoir Archers in a safe and child centred environment
- are protected from abuse whilst participating in Archery or outside of the activity.
Belvoir Archers acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Belvoir Archers will:
- promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The policy and procedures are widely available, on this page and on the Archery GB website and are mandatory for everyone involved in Belvoir Archers. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the organisation.
Please click on the icon below for the AGB Safeguarding Policy for Children and Young Persons
In addition to safeguarding Children and Young People, Belvoir Archers also acknowledges its duty of care to safeguard Vulnerable and at risk adults. As with safeguarding Children and Young People, Belvoir Archers will also adopt the AGB policy on Safeguarding Adults.
Details of this policy are available by clicking on the below icon, or by visiting the website of Archery GB.
It is important that all members understand that safeguarding is the responsibility of everyone. If anyone believes that they have witnessed an incident involving safeguarding concerns, this should be reported to the Child Protection Officer or to any Committee member present.
To assist members to understand their responsibilities, the links below will take you to documents that clearly lay out the codes of conduct for members.